Sunday, July 7, 2013

#PitchMAS Blog Contest

Got some feedback on my pitches. I've seen about equal parts love and hate of my title regarding "Buttpirates". So, until further notice, I'm changing the title to FLUSHED. This will be a more parent-approved title, with the terminology staying the same inside the ms (for now). Thanks everyone who gave me feedback! Below is how my entry turned out:


Title: FLUSHED
Category/Genre: MG Adventure
Word Count: 40,000
Pitch: Ten-year-old Lucas thinks his dad’s full of poop when he warns of bathroom abductions by pirates. Turns out he’s right, and Lucas gets flushed down the toilet to become a sewer-sailing swashbuckler.

On a whim, I submitted an entry for my other WIP, Dollhouse Pixies. This is my YA that I've been pulling all nighters to edit these last few days. The entry turned out like this:

Title: DOLLHOUSE PIXIES
Category/Genre: YA Urban Fantasy
Word Count: 90,000
Pitch: Sixteen-year-old Natalie is annoyed at the pixie living in her dollhouse. Her depressed dad and college courses leave no time for magical war. Being nearly blown up changes things—she might miss class for this. 



No comments:

Post a Comment